CITY OF MALOLOS—The Office of the President on Wednesday donated more than 3.2 million face masks to Bulacan on its a continued effort to help the province win the battle against COVID 19 as cases remain high with only a very slight decrease, latest record from the provincial health office said.
This is the second “Mask Para sa Masa” project in Bulacan during this second wave of COVID 19 infection.
Gov. Daniel Fernando received the 3,265,167 washable face masks at the Capitol Gym. The National Capital Region Plus Bubble areas–Cavite, Laguna, Rizal and Bulacan continue to have mounting COVID-19 cases.
Fernando said the cases remain steady for the past weeks and neither that it went down nor high. But he encouraged each Bulakenyo to continue to be vigilant to stop the spread of the disease through discipline and strict compliance to minimum health protocol of donning of face mask and face shield, washing of hands and using alcohol and sanitizer, observing social distancing and no social gathering.
“We thank President Duterte on this. The regular and prompt use of face masks will lessen the community transmission. Taking care of ourselves is protection to the whole community. This is what we need,” he said.
He told reporters however that because of the Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine (MECQ), the cases are expected to drop in the coming days and weeks.
Cases for the whole month of April and last week of March were from 17, 643 on March 30; 19,930 on April 7; 22,054 on April 14; 24,100 on April 21 and 26,011 on Thursday.
Active cases slightly went down from 3,247 on April 21-3,095 on April 29. From 3,183 on March 30, the active cases shoot up to 3,838 on April 7, slow down to 3,168 on April 14.
Recoveries In that five straight weeks were from 13, 943-15,558-18,300-20,224-22,270.
Deaths were from 517-534-586-629-646.
The face masks are intended for the almost 3.3 million Bulacan residents but Provincial Social Welfare and Development Officer Rowena Tiongson-Joson said priority groups like poor families, vulnerable like the transport sector will receive five each per family.
The boxes were received by Fernando and were immediately handed down to respective representatives of the 21 towns and cities.