CITY OF MALOLOS– Gov. Daniel Fernando and Vice Gov. Alex Castro led on Thursday the distribution of family food packs to nearly 6,000 residents in three barangays in this city and two in Calumpit town as they announced the sets of latest completed projects of the provincial government that are beneficial to the people’s health and livelihood.
Fernando and Castro were joined by Bulacan Provincial Social Welfare and Development Officer (PSWDO) Rowena Tiongson in the gift-giving of 2 kilos of rice, canned goods, noodles and other grocery products to 5, 842 recipients—2,312 residents in Barangay Bulihan, 500 in Barangay Sto. Rosario and 760 in Barangay San Vicente and 1,330 in Barangay Meyto and 960 in Barangay Corazon, both in Calumpit.
Other than the food packs, the governor also brings good news to the residents as he and Castro also thank them for their support in the concluded May 2022 elections.
Among others, the governor said he had increased to 15,000 the current scholars of the Bulacan provincial government to help more poor and deserving youth attain degrees in high school and college including post graduate studies.
He said the Bulacan Polytechnic College will also be upgraded and expanded to accommodate more students and to offer more courses.
The governor also announced the completion of the Bulacan Farmers Training Center he had ordered constructed within the Capitol Compound for advance courses in animal breeding and rice crops and vegetable production for the youth and all ages.
There were also newly acquired coastal ambulances for residents and patients of Pamarawan hospital in island barangay in City of Malolos. The Pamarawan hospital which also treated COVID-19 patients in 2020 before the COVID-19 centralization treatment system of Bulacan in 2021 was recently upgraded and reconstructed.
The governor also announced the coming installation of Public Address or Public Announcement system in Bulacan Medical Center facilities and hallways and a Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) complete with audio settings to strictly monitor erring medical staffs and personnel both due to corruption and other unethical attitudes and behaviour complaints.
The governor said for so long, BMC nurses and even doctors and staffs had been the subjects of complaints by many residents and patients due to alleged disrespectful and unfair treatment especially the less privileged folks seeking medical help and attention.
“Para matiyak natin sa mga nagrereklamo na siningil sila ng mga kung anu-ano, para matapos na ang problema natin na iyan at sakit ng ulo natin na napakatagal na, para malaman natin kung sino ang nagsasabi ng totoo. CCTV na may boses para malaman natin ang katotohanan. Siyempre dalawang panig iyan, iyong mga nagrereklamo at ang mga taga hospital,” the governor said.
Castro said through ordinances and resolutions he would pass and approve in the Sangguniang Panlalawigan, all these projects and several others for the good of the people of Bulacan will be implemented and achieved.
According to the governor, even the previous more than P6-Billion worth Internal Revenue Allotment (IRA) for Bulacan will be scaled down in 2023 because of the reduced income of the government due to two years economic lapses brought by the COVID-19 pandemic.
However, he said, he and Castro are on their toes to make both ends meet for the province particularly the most vital projects that are lined up under their term.
“P1-Billion po ang mababawas sa IRA natin dahil walang kinita ang gobyerno kaya mas maliit po ang ating magiging budget sa 2023. Pero wag kayong mag-alala, gagawin natin ang lahat para matupad pa rin natin ang lahat ng ating pinakamahahalagang mga proyekto,” the governor ended.