GUIGUINTO—Rich residents and families who will not benefit from the P1,000 worth national government emergency cash assistance “ayuda” will receive half cavan of rice from the local government, officials disclosed on Wednesday
Mayor Ambrosio Cruz Jr. said they have already purchased 5,000 sacks of “dinorado” rice worth nearly P10 Million to be distributed to 10,000 professionals, the income earners including wealthy families and individuals.
The concept is for everyone affected of the two weeks Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) to receive something from the government. “While the national government assistance is only limited, this is our way to augment,” Cruz told NEWS CORE.
Cruz divulged that even well to do families complained of not receiving aid from the national and local government. “May mga drivers kami, may mga yaya, may mga gardeners,” he said were among the sentiments raised, he echoed.
Some individuals openly discarded on the ground the rice packs distributed as relief goods during the hard lock down last year.
“Tinabig at tinapon at sinabing hindi sila kumakain ng NFA rice, kaya ngayon iyong mamahalin na ang binili namin,” the mayor added.
Guiguinto received P85-Million worth of ayuda from the national government for its 26,000 families. However, Cruz said, there are now about 34,000 families in the town from more than 90,000 population based on 2015 survey.
The mayor said, some beneficiaries were delisted from the Municipal Social Development and Welfare Office (MSWDO) after couples had separated and the ones in the list have left for other towns and places even outside Bulacan while others have died, and others have work-related transfers.
These funds, the mayor said will be given to residents who are not in the recipient’s list.
Guiguinto will finish its distribution within this week, the mayor further said.
The province of Bulacan last week received a total of P2.9 Billion fromt the Department of Budget and Management for the three million Bulakenyos. The City of San Jose del Monte with about one million residents received the highest amount worth P596.8 Million followed by Sta. Maria.
DBM Secretary Wendel Avisado through Local Budget Circular No. 136 dated March 30 released the said budget to Bulacan local government units providing P1,000 cash support to each individual residents while families with four or more members would receive P4,000.
Malolos, with the third largest population received P212.7 Million, P198.1 Million for Marilao; P173.2 Million for City of Meycauayan; P133.6 Million for San Miguel, P123.5 Million for Baliwag; P108.3 Million for Bocaue and P106 Million for Hagonoy.
Pandi town has a P97.7 Million, P93.3 Million for San Ildefonso; P93.1 Million for Norzagaray; P91.9 for Calumpit; P89.5 million for Plaridel; P85.7 Million for Guiguinto; P83.2 Million for San Rafael; P67.3 Million for Balagtas; P65.6 Million for Bulakan; P56.8 for Bustos; P50 Million for Angat; P48 Million for Obando; P44 Million for Paombong and P20- Million for Donya Remedios Trinidad (DRT).
The funds came from the Bayanihan to Recover as One Act under Republic Act 11494 which would be effective until June 30, 2021 under Republic Act 1151.