ANGELES CITY–President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is expected to keynote the 31st North Luzon Area Business Conference slated on September 17 at the Hilton Clark Sun Valley Resort, Clark Freeport Zone.
Some 400 entrepreneurs will converge at the Hilton Clark Sun Valley Resort for the 31st North Luzon Area Business Conference with the theme “North Luzon: Ready for Take Off.”
Metro Angeles Chamber of Commerce Industry (MACCI) President Elizabeth C. Timbol said this will be the first time the North Luzon businessmen will meet face-to-face after a two-year absence due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The business groups in the area had been conducting Zoom meetings in the past.
Pampanga Governor Dennis G. Pineda will welcome the North Luzon businessmen during the dinner and fellowship at the Royce Hotel on September 16 inside the Clark Freeport Zone. The next day, Angeles City Mayor Carmelo “Pogi” Lazatin Jr. will welcome the entrepreneurs during the conference proper.
Among those who will welcome the participants include: Atty. Maria Amalia Tiglao-Cayanan, Regional Governor—Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry Region III; Ms. Maria Violeta M. Gonzales, Director, MACCII; Mr. George T. Barcelon, PCCI President; Ms. Elizabeth C. Timbol, MACCII President; and Ms. Gregoria Gamboa Simbulan, Area VP—PCCI North Luzon.
Key speakers will delve on the following topics:
- Modernizing Agriculture Towards Food Sufficiency and Competitiveness
Rep. Jose Maria Clemente Sarte Salceda, 2nd District of Albay
- North Luzon as the Prime Investment Destination
- Department of Trade and Industry Sec. Alfredo E. Pascual (Attracting Investments and Expanding Exports)
- Mr. Kevin Tan (Township as Key to Countryside Development)
- Powering North Luzon’s Industries
- Senator Sherwin T. Gatchalian (Power Situation in North Luzon)
- DPWH Sec. Manuel M. Bonoan (Update on Infrastructure Development in North Luzon)
- Mr. Enrique K. Razon, Chairman and President, International Container Terminal Services (New Initiatives on Solar Energy)
- Boosting MSME Competitiveness Through Digital Connectivity
Sec. Ivan John E. Uy, Department of Information and Communications Technology
- Towards a Sustainable and Resilient North Luzon Economy
- Sec. Maria Antonia Yulo-Loyzaga, Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Sec. Renato U. Solidum Jr., Department of Science and Technology
- Mr. Paolo Maximo F. Borromeo, President and CEO, Ayala Health Care Holdings, Inc. (Private Sector Representative for Healthcare)